Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 10 - Making Dinner for Mom

My husband challenged my son to learn to cook 10 different things this year. He is 14 and Jeff is worrying that he will not be able to feed himself when he moves out in a few years (always a forward thinker). So we have taken on the task of learning to make things that he likes to eat and hopefully perfecting them over time. So the other night he got to make French Toast for dinner, one of my favorites and I love breakfast for dinner. Ryan did a great job - this was the third time he had made french toast and he is working on perfecting his skills. Dinner was awesome.

It was a lot of fun and I am blessed with both a great husband and amazing children. I really am enjoying the journey.

2 comments:

  1. I taught my 15yo son pancakes last week. I told him it was right up there with Ramen for college food - cheap, quick and can be made in a dorm room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Ryan that if he ever needs someone to taste test his french toast - I'll be there! :-) Now - when he gets it perfected, do you think he'll start learning to make Wayne's stuffed french toast? I'm thinking that would be a hit with the ladies at college :-)

    ReplyDelete